Hey everyone! Sorry I haven't posted in a while but we have had some recent problems in the Benway household. Let me fill you in...
Yesterday we had quite the rainstorm in Hardwick and my house got flooded. Well, to be specific my basement was flooded. With sewage. You seem I live two houses down from Hazen Union and thanks to their recent renovations to their parking lot all of the rain runoff from up the hill comes straight through my neighbors backyard and righ into ours. We had quite the river going into our basement yesterday and let me tell you, it wasn't pretty. After the rain finally ended it took my mother an hour just to get ahold of a police officer to come and help us out. That was after two calls to the town, one call to the police station, on call to the fire department and four calls to 911. The officer then informed us that it was sand in our basement and it would go away on its own soon (first of all, we don't have sand in Vermont and even if we did, sand doesn't magically disappear on its own).
After a very long debate with a guy named Tommy who works for the town, we finally got almost all of the sewage pumped out of the basement. Of course the pump broke but that's beside the point.
My time is up but I'll fill you in soon enough!
Until next time,
Cheyenne
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please be kind. I will read my comments and if I find a comment to be overly negative I will delete it.