Friday, May 28, 2010

Nature

I realized something today. I have a very strict love/hate relationship with nature. I realized this as I was walking around with students from my class earlier today. With my Nikon D50 in hand I began to hike up several very steep hills. I got to smell the assorted flowers and grasses, got to see many various types of birds and even a snake. I got to see the absolute beauty of the outdoors as I usually begin to do.

Then, reality set in. I stepped in a huge puddle of mud in my white flats, I got countless bug bites, I'm almost positive half of my lung is dead from having to walk up so many steep hills and I'm pretty sure I lost ten pounds in sweat.

All in all, I discovered that even though nature can really piss me off it has an undeniable and unbeatable beauty that will never be overrated or surpassed.

(The image above is one that I took while on my unexpected hike earlier today when I came across a beautifully lit path)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind. I will read my comments and if I find a comment to be overly negative I will delete it.