Monday, May 31, 2010

Size Really Doesn't Matter

Let me begin by telling you this: I love fishing.

On that note, I got to go fishing for Brook Trout today for the first time in my life with Justin (a.k.a. The Boyfriend). Just past his house in Craftsbury is a beautiful place called "The Falls". With a small amount of hiking we got to an amazing pool of water within the falls and Justin hooked a worm on my line for me. Of course he got me ready before he got himself ready so as I was waiting for him I walked a little ways into the falls and sat on a rock. With me as bored as I was I decided to entertain myself by drowning my worm so it wouldn't wiggle so much. I apparently didn't hear Justin when he told me that fishing for Brook Trout is fast paced because withing 30 seconds of dipping my line into the water I had a bite and pulled it up on land.

Which takes me to my title. The Brookie I caught was only about three inches long. However small this fish was I was very proud of myself for catching it with such ease and precision (I'm obviously happy about it) and therefore it could have been an inch long and I'd still be happy.

I can't wait to go again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind. I will read my comments and if I find a comment to be overly negative I will delete it.